Each year, the Division of Conservation encourages districts to apply for awards that are given out annually by the Kentucky Association of Conservation Districts and other sponsors.
There are several awards that not only recognize conservation districts, but also recognize teachers, farmers and students.
- Outstanding Conservation District Award- Recognizes conservation districts for their outstanding programs in providing service to their county.
- Outstanding Cooperator Award- Recognizes cooperators who are taking the initiative to implement sound, cost effective conservation efforts and best management practices.
- Conservation District Education Award- Recognizes conservation districts in their effort to better educate the public about all aspects of conservation in their community.
- Teacher of the Year Award- Recognizes teachers on a primary and secondary level that are using conservation as a teaching tool in all aspects of their classroom and school.
- Junior Conservation Board Award- Recognizes the outstanding accomplishments and unique participation of conservation junior board members across the state.
- Master Conservationist Award- Recognizes farmers who have completed more that 90 percent of their conservation plan.
If you have questions about the KACD awards, please e-mail Kimberly Richardson or call the Division of Conservation at 502-573-3080.